Friday, September 28, 2012

LEARNING.

It is such a joy to be at U.B.C. and see all the eager young people hurrying across the compass.  What a huge place. At least the library is still in the same place and still full of interesting things. I must admit that dad had a good idea.  I find learning to be a delight and has brought me much Joy!  It is good to be saved from duty and worry.  I slept all the way there and back in the car.

My rash is looking so much better and no new ones.  I suppose it would be good to know what is casing it but it could be nerves or old age or some strange virus.  I think they are going to leave scars.

I have learned  things in this life of mine from books as well as from people and from experiences.  The main thing that haunts my soul is the fact that no matter what I cannot avoid accepting the painful responsibility of my own life.  I must admit I have made some dumb mistakes like everyone else.'

Pain is a part of life from which we seek salvation.  I know that is a terrible word that has been misused over the centuries.  We have the power to save ourselves some pain but not all pain that can be beyond our control. We can try to  help others even in their process of  suffering, especially not to take life for granted.  We can care and we can listen and we can learn and we can pray.

I can learn to be honest about my own feelings and try to be more sensitive to the feelings of others.
I feel the discouragement when I realize that I have not grown as much in this area as I would have liked.  I struggle.  I wonder just what is illusion and what is real? 

My faith wants my prayers to be answered and it is a miracle that happens occasionally.

 The Good Book says "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love."  Amen

After all Jesus did say "Can you drink the Cup?"  The cup of suffering from which he drank.  I think we never know until we are in the darkness.



                                                     The rose garden at U.B.C.

Nancy if you kept playing I would keep singing!  Singing is pure joy!

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, it would be wonderful to have you keep on singing! I often play the hymn "We'll sing in the morning" for the final hymn and after we are done, they usually ask to sing it again. Sometimes they even dance around and clap. Are you familiar with that hymn? It is #37 in the Anglican Book of Common Prayer. I was thinking of asking the congregation to bring in some noise makers...like drums,castanets, spoons, etc....we sure would wake up the cottagers. Pretty wild for a staid old Anglican congregation.What would Judy think ( our minister ) or the interim minister..hmmm maybe I should wait and find out what he is like first! I like to "sneak in" some of the good old gospel songs too...Church in the Wildwood...or In the Garden.Glad your rash is getting better...It wasn't shingles was it? Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Nice photographs Mom.

Was in Osoyoos for work for a few days. Back home now.

I do miss UBC some times.

Love,

Rick

Don Quixote said...

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”
~ Morrie Schwartz

http://maxginez3.blogspot.com/