Tuesday, September 25, 2012

INTIMATE

 
 
 
 
 
"There is a new for spiritual vitality....."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer
 
These words were written by a man in prison during the time of Hitler.  What is needed is a intimate relationship with Jesus who was a man of humility but also one who taught with authority. 
 
It is so easy to fall into a belief gap when we read or hear what others believe.  It has driven many away from faith in God by making a idol of the Bible or the Church or even the minister.  How can one describe the experience one can feel when you are aware of the presence of pure love.  I have discovered that it is more about living in an awareness of this intimacy in our daily lives than it is about believing.
 
Masses of people now reject what has become what is now acceptable for a Christian to believe.
Partly it is because they say they cannot believe in the God that this beleif is founded upon.  This has lead to disillisionment.
 
I know that right now I neeed some quiet time to heal and reflect and find a spiritual balance for myself.  All the excitment and intense expectation about the marriage celebration, although I have not been involved, somehow has drawn me into the quest for prefection.
 
Each marriage of our children and especially the more recent ones of our grandchildren have been emotional and exciting experiences. rich experiences reminding me of God's grace.
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cat does look a bit of a scoundrel.

I think you are missing a word - "a new [hunger?] for spiritual vitality?"

Good to rest now, I think. It is funny how events can make us tired just by being mentally or emotionally engaging.

Love,


Rick

Anonymous said...

The ying and yang of life. I need to bring the quiet back a bit. Hoping to get some time in my garden this weekend, drink some tea and just look over all the pictures. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Looks a bit sheepish that cat.
Ken