Monday, September 17, 2012

TRAVELLING LIGHT

Travelling light is a good idea but hard to do.
 
When I set out on a journey I try to think of all the different things I may need; you just never know.  There are all the last minute things to think about you go. Dad and I were not very good at packing so we would end up just throwing a lot of stuff in the car just in case we may need it.  There would be pillows and blankets and food and water and always an extra book or two, even matches and candles for winter travelling.
 
How excited Stephen and Shawna must be as they start out their drive to B.C. today for the beautiful day when they declare their love for each other.  We are so happy for them.A great adventure.  
 
 A day to live in their memories for ever.
 
Kenny and Melina and family are packing to go to the Gold Coast and see Sea World.  The children will have a wonderful time.
 
Jane and Geof are off to the ancient city of Quebec and then on a boat to New York.  What a fabulous trip back in time to a different world.  They are fortunate to have each other to travel with and look out for!
 
The rest of our family Cameron and Shandell and Michael John and Mary will come later in the week.
 
Travelling light in each of our daily lives is an important thing to do.  There is no use worrying about things we cannot change and some things we just keep praying about.  We do our best and take it a day at a time and let go of some of the heavy things on our hearts.
 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol and I are sorry that we will miss the wedding festivities but we're hoping that vetween your blog and Facebook, everything wil be well chronicled! :)

Love Panteli

P.S. I got a paper accepted so I'll be going to Calgary the week of October 18th to give a paper to a conference full of know-it-alls!

Anonymous said...

I love and dread the trips. What did I forget, what unexpected thigs will happen. But then when I am home safe and sound I love looking through my picures.
I have allready had many phone calls with Stephen and Shawna this morning. They are very excited to be on their way. Just arguing about what to wear on the drive down! Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog advice about traveling light. l am really going try to do that this time,. l always seem to take far too much baggage but a lot of the problems seem to drop away once l close the door and get started on the trip . Some helpful hints from Tilley wear are when things go wrong as they do meet the situation with a sense of humor and tackle it with a smile. (probably easier said than done) l hope everything goes smoothy as you gather and celebrate the wadding. May it be a joyous occasion. Love Jane.

Anonymous said...

Good news Panteli.

Can you tell us more about Carol's conference?

We will keep you informed.

love beth

Shandel said...

I am so excited to drive down! cant wait. I spend a lot of time preparing for trips. I need to be sure my whole house is in order.I like to come home to a clean house. I also dont like to forget anything. So i make lists. haha and go over things. I enjoy packing light, but i like to have everything i just might need. that way i dont need to purchase anything on trips or be lost with out something. I spose that is a form of attachment. I also realize more and more that i might have a mild case of OCD LOL
see you very soon! cant wait 2 more days!!!