Thursday, September 27, 2012

HISTORICAL

THREE PICTURES IN ONE
 
 
Dad and I feel like we have some Bug or other,
 
At least I went to the doctor and dad has not gone.  I got some cream that is helping the terrible itching.  I am actually frrl  coming up not coming down. I finally see some healing of my open sores. 
 
Yesterday I went for my walk with my eyes closed most of the time.  I have recently been typing with my eyes closed too!  I am sure you have noticed the mess I am making of it.
 
Dad did go for a bike ride.
 
Cathy had a lovely ladies evening where we gathered to eat and make merry.  She shared a little about all she had been through as a single mom with serious issues of her own and how so many friends had helped her and most important she left God was with them through it all.
 
We all live in a time of momentous historical change that to me feels a lot like chaos.  It can be exciting or exhilarating.  Many writers in contemporary religion and spirituality are arguing that a new way of looking at our beliefs and are faith in the church and scripture needs to change.  This means that  it is also a time of endings.
             
                       The Future happens whether we are ready for it or not.
 
|It makes it easier if we realize that spiritually over the years many changes have taken place and so it is important to have an awareness, that includes a sense of purpose and creates new possibilities,knowing that things have to change.
 
"To awaken spiritually means that we develop a new awareness of God's energy in our world."
"Christianity after Religion"  -by Diana Butler Bass.
 
It is good to have the freedom to think for yourself, critically, and also examine yourself to find what may be hidden in the darkness of our doubts.  It takes courage as any philosopher will tell you.
 
Two things,  I know as a mother I always want to be able to be there for my children;
When I feel run down and exhausted I do get emotional and need just a little more loving.
I know this is when I can do or say stupid things this is when the woman in me is most visible.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to point out that walking with your eyes closed may be a tad more risky then typing with your eyes closed. Sandra

Anonymous said...

You must be feeling better now ? Melina has officially lost her job. She is not feeling the best , but I am sure she will get an other job soon.
Ken