Monday, September 10, 2012

STEPPING OUT

Preety to look at but I will not be wearing them I like to be comfortable.

I sit down in the early morning darkness knowing the light will gradually dawn. Faith is the assurance that I am not alone. I hear the fire engine siren and I see it going down our street right to my neighbor Gundy's house. I quickly dress to go and see. I meet Collen just back from her walk, and she explains there was a man lying in the bushes at Gundy's house bleeding and looking like he was unconscious.  While we stood talking the ambulance arrived and there was no sign of Gundy. Part of me would like to be more fashionable but the other part has the final say. Dad and I go off to church, he has aching feet and I have an aching back. The day before I tried to clean our shed out a bit while dad was working on the pond.

  It was communion at church  where the bread of life is broken open for all to be nourished. The cup of juice is the cup of blessing from which the thirsty souls are refreshed. Creation Sunday reminds us of the past and that our voices can sing with all who have gone before us. To have dominion over  allcalls to us to be good stewards of all that we have inherited. Creation was an evolution but since no one was there we do not know what exactly happened.

The best part of the message was that when God said it was good they said it was Wow not just good as it has been translated.  There is a reason there are two creation stories as a creation story or myth was very important to all the people in different tribes and nations.

Dad watched the gold and \i rested with a hot heating pad for about two hours.  I am fortunate \i am much better today.  It would be good if we good live fearlessly and purposefullu even when we are limited in our strength and ability and thinking.  The Wow still lives as I find I can draw strength from my faith believing life is good and has meaning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to clean out my shed yesterday too. Got started but then got side tracked as I usually do. Decided to have a nap instead. Yes I guess golfing is exercise. Lots of bending and whacking at balls. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, I also have to battle down my fashionable side now and then.

Love,

Rick