Sunday, September 9, 2012

THE SPIRITUALLY LAZY SAINT.


I read this and I thought I think that defines me. I am spending time reading novels and watching D.V.D's when I have leisure time and am feeling lazy.  I am not excited about our meeting and the topic but I am always glad I went.  Good friends are always a tonic.

I could be reading Son of Man which is getting a little heavy.

I quote:   "For Jesus, the kingdom was a mystical reality, the only authentic reality to which all other loves and actions are to be directed; its splendor is always around us, and only are blindness and driven desperate attachments to all the various forms of conventional wisdom prevent us from seeing the Wonder of it, living in it, and living it out so that others can catch the flame from its fire."

The door into the Kingdom is open and all are invited.

I think that we are missing a great deal by taking the miraculous out of scripture.  A life without miracles is tedious, dull and boring and could drive one to be wickedly outrageous.  There has to be an excitement, a sense of adventure, a risk taking that drives me onward that comes from a sense of joy!

Maybe this is what makes a person a devil's advocate because they have not experience the wonder of the unexpected.

So on one hand I do not want to be so passionate about what I believe that I am an annoyance but that is a risk that I am willing to take.

Dad has sore eyes today so we will see if we can see the eye doctor on Scott Road on some where on Monday.  Dad worked on the pond but it is still not working.  We blame the raccoons!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew Harvey is the author of the Son of Man book?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Yes Rick it is Andrew Harvey author of The Return of the Mother and A Journey in Ladakh.

Are you interested in reading it?

I would suggest you look at it first.

Maybe your brain not lazy like mine.
love mom

Anonymous said...

I was lazy yesterday and went golfing. Even though I really wanted to stay home and work I found after a while it was good to get my mind off of wedding stuff for a while. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I thought golfing was excercise
ken