Monday, September 3, 2012

PUZZLING

Life is a puzzle.  How do we free the mind and strengthen the soul and the will?  Are we really fully aware of all that we can be?  What is the truth that sets us free no matter what our circumstances?

A last minute party was planned at Sandra's house to celebrate her birthday; 52 amazing years.  We arrived and Shawna was busy cooking and Stephen did the barbie.  Leah had brought my favorite ambrosia and a fantastic cake.  It all came together beautifully.  We all went home to snore the night away!  Sometimes the puzzle pieces just all fit together.  One piece was missing Theresa and Mikie .

"Until one is committed. there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. . .
          Whatever you do, or dream you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
           Begin it now."    -W.H.Murray

 For me it is helpful to sit and write.  I am thankful for solitude.  I am thankful for books that help me to express my deepest wondering knowing others have had to puzzle through life too.  I read what others have called the spark, the fire at the center of our being, I call the Holy Spirit that guides me.
We are more than just consumers that need to keep looking for and obtaining more and more.

I find that I do not have the energy to do a lot of shopping and to be truthful I have more than I need.
It gets easier for me to also let go of things, of worries and problems.  It is okay to say "no".

I believe that God is looking for Christians who will say "no" to those preachers who claim that everyone who does not agree with them will go to hell.  I do not call that love.

I believe that God is looking for Muslims who will say "no" to those who speak falsely in His name.
Reading the Koran one can discover there is a God who cherishes life and protects the innocent.

"Wickedness can do a great deal of damage
but ultimately contains the seeds of its own defeat."   - Harold S Kushner

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice birthday party. I probably snored too.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Can you eat ambrosia? I thought marshmallows contain gluten.
Ken

beth bennett said...

No they do not. Good question though as I am trying to be so careful. Actually I thnk it depends on the brand too so I should check again.

love mom