Tuesday, September 11, 2012

GRACEFUL PASSAGES

This is the largest dogwood flower I have ever seen. I wait for it to bloom every year as I am on my walk.
I like this hydrangea too.

Everyday I see difference flowers and now the leaves are just starting to change.  I really like September for its warm days and cool evenings.  I walked a little slower but still try to take big steps gracefully;  aware that when I take little steps I look older like I am shuffling  along.

Some days I actually just go around the block but I am thankful for the gift of the day.!  I look for new things to admire on my way.  I am thankful not to be like the mothers so busy getting their children to school on time; or like those in cars whizzing by off to work, those days are over for me.

I walk on by with my mind calm, my body relaxed and a smile on my lips aware of an inner peace;
Life is about caring and feeling; seeing and doing.  The past that cause me pain and disappointment is  mostly behind me now.  I feel that I am even getting to know my family better even when at times,  I am aware they are thinking what a foolish old woman I am.  Well, if they are not,  I am.

I let my imagination carry me into a world of illusion.  I think I believe it takes courage to face my limitations and reach out with all my heart to a loving God.  Our God is plural but it is also one.  Genesis talks about "they".  Did those ancient writers know what this could mean.  Male and female, father and son, or son of man and spirit of Christ!  I now am praying for those who are on my heart; this is the center of the spiritual life.  As I pray for family  and friends and even for people I do not know I try to think about what is happening in their day.  I consider it a privilege to pray for others.

It is so obvious to me that there is a God that there does not need to be an explanation or a definition..


He has created us to love life
 to enjoy music
 to feel awe at the beauty of nature
 to be loved and to love.

He has created us to care for one another
and to know Him as unconditional love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont get out much to enjoy my neighbourhood but every day when I go into my bathroom and the sun is shining a certain way it makes me very happy. Especially when I think that soon enough I will be going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark and wont be seeing that sunshine for a long time! Sandra

Anonymous said...

It is good to be home and to read your inspiring blog this morning. Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

I love the little dust motes that dance in the sunbeams that peak through my living room window in the afternoon. Interesting writings about who is God...one, two, male or female....I guess we all have our own ideas in our minds of who God really is. I am going for a walk with Dinty this afternoon to see the progress on the new Sports Club for our little village. Fall has arrived here with lots of wind and colours. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

In Shakespeare, often the fool is the cleverest character.

Love,

Rick