Monday, April 12, 2010

AGING


Some days I actually feel young and full of ambition as I think about how far I am going to walk. But then there are other days when I can relate to the 70 year old I know. We all want to be as healthy as we possibly can so I will try to always exercise and eat the right foods. Except the day I ate the oatmeal squares for some reason was it an emotional need or just a hunger for something sweet I gave in.

Reading the paper this morning it warns "if you feel like your old self is going to be like your younger self, only greyer and saggier, you are likely to be sorely mistaken." Over the years there have always been people with more energy than I. That still holds true to this day. I know that I need to cultivate new strengths and to find new strategies to live contentedly. I need to remember there are some advantages of maturing and I am glad that I am the person I am.

Right now I am trying not to be disappointed because my book has not come again today. I did not go for a long walk in case I had to be here and sign for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it your blog book you are waiting for mom? Maybe today will be the day.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is my blog book.