Friday, April 9, 2010

LET IT BE


Dad and I had a great time wandering around the antique store. I was actually looking for pictures as usual.

I find one good thing among the many of getting older is that I am more than willing to leave others in God's hands. I laughed after I was called to help lift an 80 year old off the floor yesterday at the nursing home thinking to myself you know what I am catching up on these old dears. Doris, the 80 year old, was adamant that we not ring the buzzer and get a nurse to help. Once again I wonder what I will be like in 10 years or so.

I find at any age we can become absorbed in what interests us. I love to take a walk even in the wind and the rain and yesterday hail stones because I feel so much more alive; until I find the hill a lot harder to climb on the way home. I am still searching for the meaning of life which now focus's on growing older. I am glad that I can spend more time cultivating my own spiritual growth and realize that no matter what I look like on the outside inside there can be joy and awareness of the sacred beauty of all life. I look on the Bible more as a mystical book that promises that we too are spiritual beings able to have mystical thoughts and dreams.

Sharing with friends means being honest about aches and pains but also sharing our love for our family and our love for God. Thoughts are powerful influences that can lift our spirits so that words become a prayer. Talking and walking with ny friend Jane always lifts my spirits because we always find something in common and something to laugh about. We share our love of books as well as our concern for our church and our neighbors. We both love to sing but although the choir says come and join reality says our voices are just not strong enough. And to be honest I never could keep a tune so I love to sing in a large group where no one can hear me.

I have to keep in training for the heavenly choir!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that hard to picture, good thing there were 2 of you lifting her up or you would have ended up on the floor along with her.
Sunshine today, yeah! Means I will cut the grass again, no matter what Randy or Panteli say.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Cutting the grass sounds like fun. I never listen to perfectionists myself!

I am out to lunch with Cathy S. She wants to treat me and wants to fatten me up. She is thinking of Applewood where they have wonderful deserts but I think she has forgotten that I cannot eat them. If we go I will take my bread and they can make me a sandwich!

love mom

Anonymous said...

l too enjoy our walking talking laughter and sharing of concerns and joys. We are back to West Van today. Elizabeth has invited us to a tea and a piano recital at the Kay Meek. Music a cup of tea and friendship. We are so grateful . Thanks once again for your daily sharing. Love Jane.