Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SOMETIMES


Sometimes a day that starts out so full of promise can start changing with a phone call or a few negative remarks. Telling the truth can so easily get you into trouble. I am finding that becomins spiritual no matter how we do it or what route we take it is basically about becoming human. I struggle within myself because I feel calm peacefulness being replaced by annoyance. I find myself giving myself the advice that I have told others with little result. I know that offering advice is so unfruitful. At this moment in time I have seen to have lost that sense of immagination and wonder that was so real. I do not know what is going to happen in a certain situation and my heart is breaking for the children who will be hurt through no fault of there own. Not speaking the truth can also leave you feeling like the betrayer who covers up for another and has somehow failed. The story in the Bible tells how the scales fell off Paul's eyes and he could see the truth he was fighting for was all a deception. Yes, it would be neat if when we come to a wall of difficulty we could somehow leap over it and land happily on the other side. I think I would be happy even to be sailing over it instead of facing it.
Sometimes we have to give truth time to reveal itself and work it's way in our own hearts before it can be trusted to be shared with another.

Maybe Truth is the Constant Fire that burns in the heart of the scientist and the spiritual seeker. Both see the magnificance of creation which to me is to experience the sacred all around me. We want to put into words and to create stories which are really just myths that have hidden truth and we view these truths from different perspectives. I admit that I accept the idea of "God" as a reality and as a voice that can be heard within us all.

Insights come to both the scientist and the spiritual seeker. I find that there is a transformation when we are open to the unknown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is trouble? Someone angry because they dont want to know the truth? I know I dont ALWAYS tell the absalute truth, but one thing I learned in my first marriage was lying to your self and another person, no matter how much it seems like the best thing to do (easiest, least painfull, keeps the waters calm) is no way to live. Now I know some people think I am cruel and insensitive when I tell the truth, oh well! Sandra

Anonymous said...

That was a hard lesson to have to learn and I think we are all faced with choices that are not always easy.

We are told to be true to yourself and learning how to do that seems to me to take a life time.

The only hope is that we learn from our mistakes and decide whether to put our energy into the relationships in our lives in this moment of time.

Yes it takes courage to tell the truth and I have always said you had courage and you still do.
love mom