Friday, April 23, 2010

LOVE LIFE


GAROLYN'S FRONT PORCH

This week has gone by so quickly and enjoyably. I was just thinking yesterday how wonderful it was as I lay down to read a little and nap a little how fortunate I am to be able to choose what I want to do. For the most part that is. Meals are simple and if we do not feel like cooking we can eat out; which we can do fairly reasonably. We can have Chinese food for $20. and have some to take home.

We have put things out for junk week and some of it has already been picked up; that makes me happy to know others can use it. I would still like dad and I to do a "walk about" an Aussie term to see if there is not other things we can put out for others to reuse. But in the end I will hold on to most of my books and he will keep his tools.

Maya Angelou talks about loving life and living with passion. The more you give away of yourself the more life gives back to you. When I get this next book printed I want to send it to Australia with my love.

People, Maya, says will forget most of what you say, unless they want to hold on to certain words, and they will forget what you did but they will not forget how you made them feel. I know it is so easy to say the wrong thing, like cheer up things will get better, or I know what you are going through etc. when we really cannot feel an other's pain that has them imprisoned. Or I think of things to say afterwards that I could have said with more compassion. I think sometimes the less we say the better.

"If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all." from Bambi

Love life. Forgive yourself and forgive others. Don't complain and do not give others answers to their problems as we all have to figure things out for ourselves.
Be as cheerful at home as you are when you are out and about. Now that is hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of words of wisdom today. Sorry that I did not go with you to set out the treasures for the sale tommorrow. I figured one day of volunteering was enough. See you there tommorrow.
Oh,and what do they do if it rains?
Sandra

beth bennett said...

They carry it on
love mom