Thursday, April 29, 2010

LAUGHTER


A babies first laugh is so amazing. Laughter is good medicine for us all. I am so thankful that in my studt groups there is a lot of humour. When I went to Colebrook Bible study group we spent the first 20 minutes trying to get into a box of chocolates someone had brought. The packaging on things can be greater than the guards at Fort Knox. We ended up breaking in to the container.

Last night at Home group we also had lots of fun and then we came home and watched our D.V.D. One Foot in the Grave. An English comedy series.

Today I am having a short walk, will return some library books and do my visiting at the Nursing Home. Supper is the big problem. What to have. If I had one wish I would have a live-in cook. Yesterday we had a late lunch after I came home from the church and then later we had pie and ice cream which was our supper. Then we had some more rich desert when we went out to home group. Apples and ice cream. Also I was given some to take home.

Life Lessons Learned.

"Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about saizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things--a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shalt of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity.

Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and above all else, unwavering loyalty."

"Bad Dogs Have more Fun" By John Grogan the author of Marley and Me.

No comments: