Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ORDINARILY


I love old houses where I could imagine living there or writing a story about it!

Life flows on from one ordinary task to another.


Up to now we have been getting the doctors appointments right; and forgetting other things, but yesterday we had the day wrong. But we did not let it spoil our day we drove into New Westminster to pick up the bread, have lunch and walk around looking at some of the old homes and of course taking pictures.

I read this morning the advice don't magnify your problems; and really what is done is done. But it is confusing because some doctors when you go infrequently do phone you to remind you, which is always helpful. Two appointments have been made for this Wed. and dully written down. Learning to live life with God's grace helps.

I have been concentrating on getting things ready for the garage sale. Mainly this means going through books, which I start reading when I pick them up. I guess we all have things we hate to part with and which seem to give us a sense of security.

It is also junk week where we can put out our junk and dad and I have a different opinion on what is junk. I put it out and he brings it back in. Good exercise for us both. Everyday I am making decisions about what is important and as I pray each morning for those going through such difficult times, I keep praying for the healing love of God to touch their hearts and renew their hope and comfort their sorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some more things for the garage sale. And yes, it would be nice if all doctors offices called to remind people of apointments.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

The task of sorting through our stuff is daunting .
We have so much that we need to shed but it is hard to part the things that are so much a part of our lives. Jane

Anonymous said...

That is so true

love beth