Monday, April 5, 2010

RESURRECTION


My next book will be : "The Biology of Belief" by Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.D.


The great mythological debate that seems to deny the reality of Jesus raising from the dead. Can mythologies, legends and symbols contain powerful life-changing truth. All religions contain similar stories about the gods and their power to perform miracles. Our scripture proclaim that all things are possible with God. How does that affect my life and what I believe? Now science has come along to demand proof.

WHO WAS THIS JESUS?

This question arose as a small group of people boldly proclaimed his divinity. He was a man not controlled by the church or religious doctrine; he honored the Torah but did not make an idol of it. He was a man of compassion who lived with the ordinary people and saw their needs as heavy burdens; that were not lifted by their religious leaders. Memories of Jesus would come flooding back and was first told in Aramaic and then translated into Greek. I am limited by my ability to put into words the spiritual experience that has transformed my life because I have allowed
myself to be touched by entering into a larger than life story.

Has their been distortion and prejudice and cultural beliefs mix into history of all kinds. For me the amazing truth lives on each Easter as we re-enact the final days of Jesus and his disciples and the powerful political and religious leaders. We live in a violent world where the answer to our problems often lie in killing and destroying others we deem as evil and dangerous. We relive the truth time and time again and yet we fail to grasp what is a lie of deception and allow the truth to slowly emerge and burn brightly within our souls.

A dramatic life changing story that changed my life and allows me to want to continue to change. I have this urge to correct and to argue with others and I see my need to remain quiet and keep what I believe hidden within me. Others see the world differently and hold different memories that I cannot change.

No comments: