Sunday, April 11, 2010

THE LAST PAGE


He makes the clouds His chariot
and rides on the wings of the wind. Psalm 104

The sky is blue this morning and today promises to be sunny. I have come to the last page in my scribbler in which I write my thoughts and quotes I come across during my reading. I am glancing through it to discover if there are words I want to record before I throw it in the bin.

In the book "God Is" by David Adams Richards he writes "I believe the conversations we hold by ourselves are always with God." Actually that is a scary thought and I think I had better clean up my thinking. I think that most of us at one time or another have prayed to God, even if it is a prayer of anger and frustration. God has become to so many a swear word that comes easily to our lips.

I agree with him that modern writers write often to please other writers, or to please their readers, or to win a prize. It is seen as much more relevant to discreet religion than to deal with its past mistakes and the lunatics that it attracts even today. So they make fun of it all and instead give to us their words of wisdom.

I question "Can falsehood caste out falsehood?"

No comments: