Tuesday, April 6, 2010

THE LONG CLIMB


I should be thankful that life is good but last night the climb up the stairs took all my energy. Being tired sucks but I think most of us feel tired most of the time. Right? I tried to read yesterday and kept falling asleep. In my dreams I was forgetful and disorganized last night.

Pretending to be a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Seeing the family in real or by skype or on face book is good and a big part of Easter. I had planned to phone others last night but I did not follow through with my good intentions.

I have been living the Easter story and that made Jesus real in my mind at least. I wake up this morning and glance at the newspaper as I bring it in and put it on the kitchen table. The world is not changing and power is still corrupt and we search for hope and come again to realize the only person I can change is me. Soberly I think about faith and wish every morning could be Easter morning with songs of praise and rejoicing. But I decide the older I get the less I have to be concerned with being normal.

"I have faith in you, faith in your knowledge and faith in your skills and faith in your determination" a poem I read that I am going to hear God speaking through!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I was here, and your picture was here, but no writing yet. Check back later.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I was writing but we just missed.

I got side track reading some of the news. Not good.

love mom

Anonymous said...

l know how you feel about the stairs .l was exhausted last night Jane

Anonymous said...

l know how you felt about the stairs l was exhausted last night. Jane

Anonymous said...

I did not do much yesterday either, played in the dirt for a while, finished the clean up from Sunday. Hope today will be better, I think we all need that warm sunshine to really get us going.
Sandra