Monday, April 12, 2010

WAITING


Computers that do not work and parcels that do not arrive force me to wait for dad to open his eyes and for the mailman to arrive.

Yesterday, I was very disappointed and had to talk to myself to get over it and find something healthy to do. Such a beautiful spring-like day it was a joy to be out in the garden and muck about. Dad also fixed the pond so we hear the sound of the running stream again. I do my bread deliverer and take cups over to the church and after a late lunch at Whitespot end up at the dollar store to spend all the money I had left over!

Still a beautiful day so decided i needed a bit more of a walk. Came across a man laying down on the grass by a broken whiskey bottle. I picked up the grass and looked into his eyes and said I was sorry he was not doing well, but did not attempt to help him. As I started to head home to get help the firemen arrived and the ambulance.

Yes I have learned my lesson about not trying to pick people up.

This morning as I walked I was thinking that to be spiritual is just to be completely human and that was what Jesus was trying to teach us. I think that old age can help in that process if we do not become bitter or expect to much of ourselves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, even the stuffed cat is waiting for your book?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

l hope your book arrives today, Tuesday. l think you were brave to express sympathy directly to the man lying on the grass. Jane.