Friday, April 23, 2010

A SUNNY DAY



It is so good to see morning sunshine promising a bright day. I think it must be awful to be a prisoner locked up in jail and not being able to see out. I think of times when I have felt a darkness deep inside my soul and yet when I listen I hear a voice say "My Child Keep doing what you are doing. Now is not the time to quit.
Believe in me because I believe in you." This inspires me to live with courage when I do not feel at all courageous; to live with His strength overshadowing my weakness.

I am very happy in believing as I do; maybe I am in my own little bubble, which helps me to find a place of well-being and inner peace. Hurtful words still hurt.

There are many good and spiritual people in all religions. Organized religion has many glaring faults but with humans involved good can become evil. I find it helpful to look for answers in prayer and meditation.

"Just as we are seeking physical healing outside the old realm of medicine we are also seeking to create a personal spiritual life away from the old structure of
organized religion." [Religion in the past has been the authority that has spoken for God Almighty and left no room for questions. Do I believe exactly as my parents? Yes and no.}

"Persona; spirituality is entirely different from religiosity." Spirituality is the content of religion [or should be, under the best of circumstances. "Spirituality is an awareness of ourselves as beings living in a multidimensional world, in connection with our source AND all other human beings." [We need to be grounded in mind and in heart. There is in me a hunger for soul nourishment and a passionate desire to outwardly express what I believe in worship and in service to others.

Thomas Merton says that he personally has developed a love for all religions and find at the heart the soul of goodness to which he still tries to give it fresh life. To me, he writes, religion is a prerequisite for being alive as a human being.

"It is a posture in life; reverence for for life's MYSTERIES, practice of contemplation and deep consideration of these mysteries, and profound ethical spirituality." It is so easy to lose ones soul "to the company store", to worldly materialism and to stand back and be critical with just reason.

I came home from sorting things out at the church very tired again but was pleasantly surprised to find chicken cooking in the croak pot and Theresa and Ben and Morgan and Carol would arrive shortly and later Pentali would come. Theresa did everything as I was experiencing stomach cramps etc.

Today actually it is raining but good humour will fill our church hall. Lots of laughs and fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just back from the church sale .Yes it was fun but l am absolutely exhausted so will have a hot shower for revival. Jane.

Anonymous said...

Jane you did look extremely tired.
I hope and pray you will get a good rest to-night and be able to take it easy for a few days. Beth